I'm over the moon to introduced our newest Iconic Girl spotlight, NV Love. As a self-publishing author and vivid story teller, NV's debut novel "Secrets of My Temple" is her declaration to empowering women to live freely while addressing social and sexual issues that affect numerous lives and relationships every day. Truly her physical beauty is enough to take your breathe away but her drive and dedication to acheiving her accomplishments can leave you speechless. I introduce to you- NV Love.
1. You're recently self-published "Secrets of My Temple", your first novel. What has the journey been like to get here?
My journey to publishing Secrets of My Temple has been a long one. I had a few major life events occur when I first started the book that caused me to put it down for quite some time. I started the book in August 2012 and I finally finished it in 2015. The path taken was long but still very much worth it.
2. Tell us a little about the plot of the book.
The book is centered around the main character Layla Brown. Like so many girls Layla was molested as a child which led her to be insecure and awkward in bed. She has a boyfriend that she loves but their sex life is very dull until he decides to spice things up by becoming swingers. Layla is not interested in the lifestyle but things change when she meets Jonathan Prescott.
You get to see Layla transform from a shy sexually awkward girl into a sexual vixen.
3. Do you have a favorite chapter/part of the book? Anything that will make the readers gasp or laugh out loud?
It's hard to choose a favorite chapter but the one that stands out the most is Layla's family dinner. I don't want to give too much away but let's just say its a dinner that no one would ever forget. It's a powerful moment in Layla's life.
4. If you could bring one character to life from the book, who would it be?
If I could bring one character to life it would definitely be Jonathan Prescott.
5. Undoubtedly, the theme of your book is sexuality. Lately, however, there seems to be a lot of talk of women being too sexualized, particularly on social media. What is your stance? Is there a such thing as too much sexuality?
I believe the issue with sexuality in this day an age is that people don't do things in a tasteful manner anymore. There is nothing wrong with sex or being sexual. If people didn't have sex none of us would be here so yes having sex and being sexual is important; however, there is a time and place for everything. People seem to forget that at times.
6. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your book?
As a victim of sexual abuse I was surprised at how many emotions came to light when writing the book. In the end I didn't just write a story, I was able to close some emotional doors in my life.
7. What gives you ambition?
Living a life without regret gives me ambition. I never want to wake up one day and look back on my life with any regrets.
8. If you could have brunch with any woman, who would it be and why?
If I could have brunch with anyone it would most likely be Oprah. She has such a powerful voice yet she expresses herself in a subtle way which I find intriguing.
9. What advice would you give to your 18 year old self?
I would tell my 18 year old self to trust in God more. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure things out on my own when I could have learned to rely on God a long time ago.
10. What do you want your legacy to be?
For my legacy I would love to leave behind a wealth of knowledge in my books that can stand the test of time.
11. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
Write a good story that you can be proud of, the rest will follow.
12. Recommended business tool every Iconic Girl should have?
Every iconic girl needs confidence. So many women have big dreams and ideas but lack the confidence to actually pursue their dreams. Time waits for no-one. If you are bold enough to dream it then have the confidence to go for it!
To purchase "Secrets of My Temple":
To learn more about NV Love: